(TV) Maurice / Mlps / Q

Maurice you are the man!

Maurice wrote
>Potential answer here:
http://computing-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/MLP
--
" (Meridian Lossless Packing) The compression technique used
in DVD-Audio that provides the highest audio quality. It delivers
two channels at 192 kHz with 24-bit samples or six channels at
96 kHz. If video is recorded on a DVD-Audio disc, it uses Linear
PCM (LPCM) for its sound, not MLP, and supports up to eight channels
at 96 kHz. ...See DVD-Audio."

So, is this the gist of it:   Instead of the original-remastered analogue
master tape of album Marquee Moon being sampled at *144,100 samples per
second* for each of the (two) channels (Left/Right stereo) with each sample
consisting of *16 bits* of information, we would instead have on the Deluxe
(DLX) Mlps version the original-remastered analogue master tape of album now
being sampled at *192,000 samples per sec* (for each of the two channels)
with each sample consisting of *24 bits* of information.

So, if you have 'golden ears' [I do! :>) ] then a listener, in theory,
should hear a more accurate version of the re-mastered tape.

Of course, anticipating a response from 'analogue-forever!-people' like
Keith and me, the analogue remastered tape would still be the best version
audio-wise.  Anyone have any ideas how we could steal that version :> ) ?

PS:  By the way, screw surround sound!