Re: (TV) 12

On 3/5/07, Steve Rovner <serovner@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Midnight Rider is the title of one of the Allman Brothers earliest and
> best know tracks.  Maybe that's it?
>
> In my 35 or so years of album buying, I don't think that I've ever bought
> more than a couple of covers albums that I have enjoyed, and those have been
> covers of old blues songs that I was not familiar with.  It's usually an
> indication that the song-writing well has gone dry for the time being.

Sometimes they work when you have an ad-hoc group put together for no reason
other than to do some covers, thus taking the weight of being an official
release in the artist's catalog and allowing it to be be its own animal...
Rainy Day, Hindu Love Gods, etc.  The Church's cover album (with "Friction",
natch) was pretty fair.

-Rex