RE: (TV) ot: james chance

I saw James Chance and his band perform for free in a loft on Thayer (sadly
now gentrified as part of Boston's SoWa district) Street in Boston around
1979.  He was real good, but in Boston his 'stuff' didn't resonate amongst
the rockers and punkers--it took another couple of years before the/his
No-Wave caught on.

>anyway, does anyone have current info on what he's up
>to?  or why he's so far below the radar?  -

I'm wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the music documentary I
saw just a few weeks ago on tv that had a segment on his music.  I'm pretty
sure it must have been a PBS station. OTOH, it could have just been old
footage and he's now as dead a a door nail.