(TV) Wild Carnation (ex the feelies) tonite 8:30 w Glenn Mercer (of the Feelies)

That's right kids. The wild bill of Glenn Mercer (the feelies) along with his
crack band will play at Magnetic Field with yours truly WILD CARNATION also
ex the feelies, speed the plough, the trypes, joss and wunderlick. Our new CD
"Superbus" has been receiving great reviews from The Big Takeover, Chicago Sun
Times and below is a new one from Daggar..

Magnetic Field is located on Atlantic Ave. between Henry and Hicks in our
favorite borough Brooklyn NY. Show time is 8:30 sharp !

WILD CARNATION- SUPERBUS- LUCKY PIG- Wow, I wasnbt sure what happened to
this
early 90bs N.J. trio ! I have their 1994 full-length TRICYCLE that I still
occasionally put on but they vanished after that. My initial interest was that
the band featured the bass playing skills of The Feelies Brenda Sauter- who
was
also in Speed the Plough and The Trypes (remember them ??) . I had assumed
they had called it a day years ago and went on with their lives, jobs families
and while that may be true, itbs nice to have SUPERBUS here now. In addition
Sauter, the band includes her husband, guitarist Rich Barnes as well as
drummer Chris ObDonovan and bnewb member , keyboardist Anne Hopkins.
Best of all,
itbs nice to report that the band can still write great songs as this is at
least as good as the fantastic TRICYCLE if not better. The opener bThe Road
Bielfieldb , bCatch a Curbb , the Feelies-ish bId Rather Drive a
Truckb , the
even more Feelies-ish bSitting Under a Treeb (hey, I donbt mind, I love
The
Feelies !) and bCricketb are just some of the gems here . The guitars
jangle,
keyboards intrude perfectly while the rhythms are nimble and bouncy and
Sauter
bs gentle voice is simply icing on the cake. If youbre a newcomer you may
not have heard the names in the band, the band name (or record label) but
trust
me and your instincts on this one and plunk down your hard-earned dough. You
wonbt be disappointed (and if you are then maybe youbre checking out the
wrong
website).

( www.wildcarnation.com )