Re: (TV) A message from Richard

Joe,

Very well put, and I whole-heartedly concur with your comments.  I first got into Television in the late '70s like many of us, but by the late '80s they were somewhat of a distant memory to me.  Yeah, I bought Tom's solo albums, listened to them, but they never really connected with me.  Bought Richard's as well, and played those more than Tom's.  Then, in 1991 I was just sitting around the house, doing whatever, with the radio playing in the background.  I didn't even notice the song that was playing until the guitar solo.  It literally made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.  I stopped what I was doing, forced to listen to a few more songs until the DJ came back on and announced that the song was "Call Mr. Lee" by Television.  I had no idea that they had reunited and recorded a new album.  The solo of course, was by Richard.  It's still a vivid memory to me, and a strong reminder of what got me back into being the Television fanatic.  Richard's guitar playing.

I very much look forward to hearing his new CD, and wish him much success going forward.  He deserves it.

I think I'll fire up "Call Mr. Lee" on my iPod right now and reminisce over that moment back in 1991.  The only difference now is that I've lost all my hair in the interim, so there is no hair on the back of my neck to stand up anymore!

- Steve