(TV) Listening to the Softboys, thinking of Television

If Keith is not playing a late April fools joke...

I received Underwater moonlight today and as I was
listening to it (as everytime I listen to the early
and late softboys) how superior they are to Robyn
Hitchcock and, well especially, Katrina and the Waves.
 I think of Television as the same way re: Tom
Verlaine and Richard Lloyd.  I love Tom and Richard's
solo stuff, as I absolutely beleive that Robyn
Hitchcock walks on water, however those solo songs,
you know deep down that they would have been so much
better with the band, Tom with Richard, Robyn with
Kimberly and vice versa.

There is a driving force, two individuals at equal
strengths, fighting each other with the guitars and
ripping of lines, phrases of chords, bouncing off each
other and challenging each other to take it to the
next level.  This get's lost on the solo albums in my
opinion.

Then I read Richard's letter...

Anyways, good luck to you Richard.  I love your
guitar, I love your solo work, I am sorry if I made a
joke (in poor taste) about your beliefs.  You and
Quine made Matthew Sweet's albums (the Girlfriend solo
is about the best solo ever, raw chunks of guitar
blistering out), Television should have played Misty
Eye's with you singing (and field of fire, etc), I'll
buy that unmentionable and I am sure I am not alone in
saying, you will always be a part of the TV mailing
list, whether you are currently in Television or not.

And Keith, if this is a prank, your a prick :-)

p.s. as repentence for poking fun at RL's beliefs,
y'all can feel free to harass me for making the
following statement:  Eric Wenner, anytime you want to
discuss LEAN or SixSigma drop me a line: KAIZEN NOW!
KAIZEN everything and DMAIC it!! (Eric, I assume you
are aware of these phrases and, you got a belt?)