(TV) Re: TV Digest V2 #209

Hey folks, first time poster here...

Recently I've been getting together with some local musicians, and just for
fun we decided to take some time to study and learn the entire Marquee Moon
LP song by song.

We've got the first three songs pretty much down, and right now I'm in the
process of learning the solo of the title track.  I've transcribed all of
it, but so far have not been able to decode it's unusual algorithmic
nature.  I can of course learn it by rote, and have been doing that, but I
feel I'm missing a once in a lifetime opportunity to crack the code, so to
speak, to Verlaine's unique style of soloing.  This particular solo is in D
Mixolidian, of course, but Verlaine is also methodically skipping certain
intervals as he climbs around the scale, so that he never, ever sounds like
Allman Brothers, or anyone else for that matter.

Does anyone here know what I am talking about?  If so, can you share any
insights with me?  I have some useful notes about the solo I can post here
if you want.

Any help would be appreciated,

Andy