Re: (TV) a friend responds

I think there's lots of honest confusion, and some anger, over the
"Lloyd leaves Television" thing -- especially the public, mildly "I'm
taking my ball and going home" bent to it.

This TT shows sounds wildly uncomfortable to me. But to complain that
Lloyd can't use his stage time to chant/pray/whatever reminds me of
Beatles fans who are still complaining over George Harrison's 1974
tour. Or people who paid to see David Bowie tour in 1995 and were
"shocked" that he wasn't playing any hits. Anyone who is following
Richard Lloyd's career these days (and would want to see him live)
probably could have guessed that the evening would be a bit offbeat.
If they didn't enjoy it, they won't come back -- which is fine. I
assume Lloyd's making a conscious choice, and he'll ultimately get a
fan base more in-tune with him this way.

--Phil