(TV) True West (Verlaine prod. demos)

Phil,

I thoroughly recommend this release by True West....not so much for the 3
Verlaine produced demos (which are just okay) but for the Hollywood Holiday
& Drifters albums it contains.  Their two guitar attack is highly influenced
by Lloyd/Verlaine and the songs are strong.

I was only recently turned on to this band (by list member Doug Clubok) and
was lucky enough to go see (and record) their 1st reunion in 20+ years last
August.  One of the best concerts I saw last year. BTW, they were supported
by another band highly influenced by Television: The Windbreakers, who did a
very good cover of TV's "Glory".  They have an excellent comp out called
"Time Machine" on the Paisley Pop label.

In message <117128.542.qm@web60313.mail.yahoo.com>, Phil Obbard
<pobbard@yahoo.com> writes