(TV) Naming / Deliberate?

I don't want to sound like an apologist for Tom, or have people think

I 'm trying to create a shit-storm, BUT--- I think way,way too much has

Been made of (and assumed about) his not referring to Richard by name.

I don't believe it was deliberate.  In fact, it's quite possible

Verlaine assumed that the majority of people at the free

concert were not there to see Television, or were not very familiar

with who made up the band Television, or cared not a wit who its band

members were  so he just referred to the missing member as "Our guitarist".

Don't you think that Verlaine would know he would come across as a

horrible person if he had *deliberately* omitted referring to Richard

by his name?  Don't you think to omit someone's name on purpose would be a

little too obvious?

Moreover, what possibly could be his motive for omitting Richard's

Name?  TV has always bent over backwards to give Richard the spotlight

and take the majority of the solos during the 1992-93 tour and 2001-2006

shows, and had never publicly said anything bad about him.

Albeit they've never been bosom buddies.