Re: (TV) Blackballed?

In message <424574.92412.qm@web50910.mail.re2.yahoo.com>, Brian Young <raggedglory57@yahoo.com> writes
Is this a true statement, that he was blackballed? If so, by whom? And why?

Never heard that before, but Richard says in the liner notes:

"after several years of considerably self-destructive substance abuse and a wrestling match with my guardian angels that I was in danger of winning, I did something interesting which is known as "hitting bottom". The details are unimportant, except to say that my "bottom" would have made Dante or Hieronymus Bosch proud, ..

.. But to put it bluntly, as for as my musical career had gone, I was a laughingstock and a shame."