(TV) Jeff Buckley and Tom Verlaine

The August issue of MOJO has an article on My Sweetheart The Drunk and includes, among others, an interview with TV on the recordings he did with Buckley. Interesting stuff. Michael Clouse (recording engineer) on Verlaine: "His main concern was drinking coffee, and plenty of it. I thought, 'Little motherfucker, I'm doing it for free, out of my love for my buddy Jeff, because you couldn't get it right.'"

Actually, I think the stuff Tom produced with Buckley on "Sketches..." is great. Very sympathetic towards the songs.