Re: (TV) Verlaine On You Tube

amilcar amarante wrote:
the sound he used to get with the jazzmasters ,specially live was more unique ,at least to me ...
andy fekete <andy.fekete@gmail.com> escribis:  I'm just curious: why is Tom favoring Stratocastors nowadays? He had
such a distinctive sound with the Jazzmaster.

Several times in interviews, Tom's mentioned how difficult the Jazzmasters were to keep in tune, so I can see why he's going the hardtail route these days. As a few people have pointed out, the FrankenStrat has a Jazzmaster neck (quite possibly a late '50s neck, if the color is Shoreline Gold, as it seemed to me). And apparently Tom did a lot of modifying of the early guitars, putting the lipstick pickups on there. I can verify that his tone was completely intact last year with the FrankenStrat through a Vox AC-30.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/