Open Invitation for Oct. 2009 in NYC / RE: (TV) Modest Proposal To Everyone on Both Television Lists

Russ and everyone else on MM List,

> I'm not sure I got the entire gist of this - is there talk of a gathering
>in the future?

Yes!
The 'other' Television List were tossing ideas and responses back in forth,
so I thought it wise to send part of that banter to this List given not all
of the members/Mooners here belong to both Lists.

Scott Simpson [who is on both Lists] was the one who came up with the idea.
I'm re-posting his original e-mails of a few days ago on 'other' List below.

I've met some of our members at the 2001 Chicago shows (Television); the
9/11 Benefit (TV, NYC Oct. 2001), and several NYC Television shows 2002,
2003 and TV's 2006 Tour.  I look forward to meeting in-person other members
of both Lists.

So far Scott's Proposal has garnered about a dozen responses.

> Why so far in the future ... 2009...?

These things take time to plan :>)  [only half-kidding]; plus it will be 2
years before all 200 of will be able to crash in Scott Simpson's NYC apt.
floor--since by 2009 Scott will be suffering from the 'empty nest' syndrome
with his daughters all having left home.

Also, 2 years allows us time to set up two days of Workshops (held in
Scott's kitchen) on various topics pertaining to Television/Verlaine :>)
[for sample workshop: see down below after Scott's original messages].

----Original Messages-----
Scott Simpson on Tuesday Oct. 16 and 17 wrote:

What the hell. I just sent out an Outlook invite that was returned because
Yahoo only does text.

Two years from now Oct 16-18 is a Friday to Sunday. It's down on my
calendar.  I've penciled in a Crisco Party at Emilie's for Sunday afternoon.

Scott

" A Modest Proposal
I'm just reading Brer Steve's response to Brer Leo and I'm thinking...

A year from now I am going to have three daughters off at college (God
willing) and three empty bedrooms.

What's say we set a date two years from now, with Keith, Phil, Eric, the
Steves, Per, Jane, Robin, Leo and the many others not mentioned right here.

And have a little get-together in NYC.

At the very least there's Dennis, Emilie, Nancy and moi who can provide some
hardwood floor.

What the hell?

Let's invite RL who lives in Inwood, Janet and Rick, Russ, others within the
TV 1st sphere of influence and drink beer and go see some shows?

My wife does not believe you exist.

Takers?

Scott Simpson"
Title of Sample Workshop for 7:30 - 9:30 am, Saturday, Oct. 17, 2009:

Textual Investigation of the Influence of Verlaine's Reading Mallory's
'Morte D'Arthur' During the Recording Sessions for 1979 Solo Album
As Expressed in Verlaine's Use of Olde-English and Dark Ages
Imagery: 'What doesth thou sew?'; 'Your Royal Highness/I'm at your
call/Shall I rise or shall I fall?'; and 'She took her jewel/She left the
kingdom/Though many say she was thrown out'.