Re: (TV) Marquee Moon live 1/4/2008 in Chapel Hill, NC

Amps Do Furnish A Room is a play on the name of a small independent
bookstore in Durham, NC called Books Do Furnish A Room.

One of bookstore's co-owners, Gordon Matthews, is a longtime friend of
the band members, so we named our band after his store, which of
course Gordon had named after tenth volume of Anthony Powell's
twelve-volume epic "A Dance to the Music of Time.".

We thought it was a pretty darn funny name;  not quite sure what
Gordon thinks about it.

-A