RE: (TV) Richard Lloyd gigs news

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Allison
Michael Olcsvary wrote:
> Having grown up in what's called the "greater New York area," the idea of
> Richard Lloyd appearing on WOR is nothing short of astonishing.

Er... why?

When I was growing up, WOR was synonymous with elevator music, school
closings and boring talk shows - with the exceptions of the late, great Jean
Shepherd and Barry Farber (father of Bibi); rock and roll was treated as an
aberration that, if their audience would ignore it long enough, would just
go away.  Okay, it was 40 years ago, but the idea that WOR would deign to
notice Richard Lloyd, let alone interview him, still boggles my mind.  Side
note - WOR-FM, no longer in existence, was the first commercial "free form"
radio station in the area in the 60's.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:27 AM