Re: (TV) Television - Dublin 15 June 2002

Will be interesting to see if Richard will get credit if they record any of the "new" songs. He must be involved in Squaggle./Per

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis D" <dend@nyc.rr.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Television - Dublin 15 June 2002

Some people will NEVER accept anyone but Richard in Television. There are people that are bigger fans of Richard's than Tom's. I will definitely give the "new" Television a chance as I would rather a Richard less Televsion than none at all. Maybe it should be called the Tom Verlaine Band, doesn't much matter to me. I'd feel different if Richard was forced out of the band but this is his choice.

Y'all gotta give Jim a chance people. He's a super accomplished guitarist
and I wouldn't want him to try to replace Richard. Richard of course, is
great and can't be replaced, but I don't want Television to live in the past either. I suspect the door swings both ways with Richard anyway: if he wants
to rejoin Television in the future, I'm certain he could.But in the mean
time - if they want to release a new Television record with Jim and Tom, by all means let them. Those two play as well together as Tom and Richard do.
-Russ