(TV) Off-topic (but On-topic post to follow shortly); Tech Q: Hand-writing on Cd-rs

Can anyone give recommendations for names/brands of a 'special' pen, type of
store-bought 'magic-marker' or other hand-writing implement, with which I could use
to identify the particular band on cd-rs for which I will not be creating any jewel
box artwork?   (I'm mailing some home-made cd-rs [not of Television] that I burnt, to
two friends living out of state, and will be using in this instance cheap, thin jewel
cases to avoid heavy postal weight---therefore, I'm less concerned than usual that
writing on a cd-r is a bad idea.)

Full disclosure:  I have always been a firm believer (fool?  :>)  ), despite claims
to the contrary, that writing anything on cd-rs increases the risk that the cd-r will
fail sooner rather than later due to the impact of the chemicals in the ink eroding
the cd-r over time (also believe and have read that applying circular 'heat-labels'
to a cd-r after one burns a cd-r, dramatically increases the risk that the
life-length of the cd-r will be shortened [rendered un-playable as soon, as say, 2
years] as the paper labels will cause  tiny--- i.e., not able to be seen by the naked
eye-- but fatal cracks in the cd-r  because the glue/paper of 'heat-label' shrinks or
otherwise changes over time.
Anecdotal evidence:  I would estimate that the vast majority of cd-rs that I have
been given, which have failed within 2 years or less, are ones that were given to me
with paper labels applied to them.  (I also go to great lengths to avoid buying
certain jewel cases whose plastic center-spindle are poorly designed, very stiff ,
and have a particular shape.  Again these will cause sooner rather than later stress
cracks in a cd-r,  rendering a potentially rare, un-replaceable recording
unplayable.)

Despite my fears I'd still appreciate any recommendations or suggestions on
commercially-bought markers.

Thanks in advance.         Leo

PS:  Ironically, many 'audiophiles' claim that the application of an ink marker or
similar opaque-marker to the very thin outer-edge of a cd/cd-r (i.e., not anywhere on
any part of the two horizontal sides of cd/cd-r but on the edge perpendicular to the
sides), improves how the cd/cd-r will sound.  If I remember correctly its  increase
in sonic quality has something to do with the fact[?] that marking/darkening the very
outer-edge of a cd/cd-r improves a cd-player's laser's ability to correctly read the
information on the cd---something to do with lessening reflections that can interfere
with the laser's ability to read the 'mounds' and 'pits'.  (The claim of an
improvement in sound accuracy  applies to  *any* cd-player---from the cheapest $79
dollar model to high-end cd-players that the monthly mag 'Stereophile' features that
cost $10,000 or more.)

And for all those who want even more reasons to think that such claims of such
relatively cheap (or free) modifications to a cd/cd-r (or to certain parts one's
audio system) can improve the sound of the music are pure fantasy and the claimants
out of their minds:   Supposedly, green-colored 'markers give the best results!  (not
making any of this up).