(TV) New Collectors' Choice Verlaine reissues

Both DREAMTIME and WORDS FROM THE FRONT will be reissued on 7/22/08 by Collectors' Choice. This is from their most recent newsletter:

"Ex-Television
leader Tom Verlaine brought the same gorgeous guitar tones, dazzling
lead guitar lines and literally-informed lyrics (he took his last name
after the French Symbolist poet Paul Verlaine) to his solo work that he
brought to his former band, particularly on these, his second and third
solo efforts. We've been trying to license these for years; this guy is
probably the finest musician to emerge from the late-'70s New York new
wave/punk scene."

DREAMTIME lacks the bonus tracks of the 1994 reissue, so I'll skip this one, but I'll probably pick-up WORDS FROM THE FRONT and cross my fingers for improved fidelity. Hopefully this reissue will follow CC's model for TOM VERLAINE (huge sound upgrade) instead of their reissue of FLASHLIGHT (which appeared to be a direct rip from the earlier CD issue with 2 seconds of silence prepended to each track).

Last note: All four CC Verlaine reissues are $10.98 or less right now.

http://www.ccmusic.com/search.cfm?searchkey=TOM%20VERLAINE&bounce=y&searchType=artist

--Phil