Re: (TV) RL interview and Velvert Turner

Wow, when I played with Velvert he couldn't find a copy of the record to prove it had been released so he could sue the guy that released it. We did a cover of Red House one night at CBGBs with Richard on blues harp and Velvert on guitar and vocals. I wish I had a copy of that show.

Keith Allison wrote:

Richard mentions his friend Velvert Turner again. For those interested, Velvert's 1972 album can be heard here:

http://time-has-told-me.blogspot.com/search?q=velvert+turner

It's like a lost post-Electric Ladyland Hendrix album - the resemblance in vocals, guitar playing and general "feel" on, say, "Three o'clock Train" is uncanny.