Re: (TV) OT: on mini-vacation in NYC

Russ wrote:
hey, Leah and myself,we are on a mini-vacation in New YorkCity - we just got
here , not sure what we are going to do. We'll be here until Sunday.
Probably will go to Coney Island, The Museum of Modern Art, Little Italy -
walk around a lot. I'd like to go to the Strand book store and maybe take in
some jazz somewhere. So where does Tom live?

D'oh! I was going to say definitely check out Les Paul at Iridium, but if you're only there until Sunday, that won't work (he holds down Mondays).

Not jazz, but you should contact La Monte Young's MELA Foundation to see if the Dream House is open (I think it may be, running Thursday through Sunday evenings, or something): http://melafoundation.org/contact.htm

If you want to spend time in bookstores, you have to do the Strand. http://www.strandbooks.com/

Tom lives somewhere in Chelsea, doesn't he? If so...then good luck finding him among the loooong blocks of apartment buildings. But if you're over there, you could do some gourmet shopping/eating at the Chelsea Market. http://www.chelseamarket.com/

I'm sure the NYers can help you with more...
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/