Re: (TV) Top 10 songs ten minutes or longer

----- Original Message ----- From: "andy fekete" <andy.fekete@gmail.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Top 10 songs ten minutes or longer

I think the similarities only become apparent after 02:50, when
Bloomfield finally (thankfully?) abandons the blues scale.

That's when he starts soloing. The first guitar solo was Elvin Bishop.

 Lasts for
about 5 minutes, after which he starts sounding a little too Dickie
Betts-ish for me;  but until then, I can definitely see the
comparison.

Passages at 04:50 and 06:22 seem to anticipate Verlaine's use of
string-bending to create dissonance.  And the incredibly noisy build
up to the cresendo, while not quite the free for all as Evil, is still
pretty out there given the period.  Another notable point is at 07:07,
when the crescendo peaks and then suddenly drops into this quiet
passage with just guitar and minimal drums,

There's also bass, and occasional harmonica and keyboard touchs. This line[up could be amazing live. The CD that's just live versions of East-West is on my list of things to buy eventually, even though at least one version is cut short. --------------