(TV) "Lonely man in a lonely town..."

Blogger Matthew Perpetua (is that actually his real name?) decided to write blog posts describing each and every R.E.M. song, which has recently morphed into a "submit your questions for Michael Stipe" forum. In this post:

http://popsongs.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/ask-michael-stipe-4/

someone asks "I'm curious what songs you've heard in your life that made you just drop whatever you were doing and go, 'You know, why can't I write a song like this,' or, perhaps, 'Damn, I wish I had written that.'"

The reply: "short list: Birdland, One, Beautiful Day, Man Who Sold the World, Ashes to Ashes, Karma Police, Rhyme [by Television], and more recently l.e.s. artistes"

While the band's Television fandom's pretty obvious, this was a neat, unexpected choice for a TV shout-out.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/