RE: (TV) In search of the great American band

> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:44:40 -0800> From: pobbard@yahoo.com> Subject: Re:
(TV) In search of the great American band> To: tv@obbard.com> > I like
Blondie, but I've never loved Blondie. Minus Debbie Harry, I think they'd get
no further than 1-2 songs on the average "NY Punk/New Wave" compilation (kind
of like the Nerves, who wrote and originally recorded "Hanging on the
Telephone"). > > And, as I've said before, Television + Debbie Harry as lead
vocalist = current Marquee Moon Mailing List subscribers * 10,000 today.>

Television + (Debbie Harry as lead vocalist-what Debbie Harry looked like in
the 70s)=current Marquee Moon Mailing List subscribers/2.

I don't mean to be excessively harsh toward Ms. Harry, but she's not exactly
Grace Slick or Cass Elliot. Or even Joan Jett.