Re: (TV) Lord's Prayer stage rant

Absolutely. I was at that show, and it was obvious that Richard wasn't
quite in his "right" mind, but that he wanted it to go very
differently from the way it did. I think we all expect that people
will respect our beliefs and are miffed when they don't. It seemed to
me that Richard was in teacher mode and was trying to give the
audience some insight into his creative process. Although I thought he
badly overreacted to the heckling (probably because he was ill) and
had no excuse for being a dick to his own band, I had a much more
negative feeling about the hecklers and felt bad for Richard on the
whole. And the rest of the show was really great, which should count
for more than the debacle at the beginning.

Keith wrote:

And lets not forget that Richard was at the time, struggling with an
illness which soon had him in hospital in a life-threatening condition.

- --