(TV) Nothin' in common / OT - Did YMO make a splash in NY 1979?

>Yellow Magic Orchestra, New York, 1979. Wondering if any of
> you, or any members of Television, were there...
>Were people impressed, > influenced...?
> It's a bit of a leap from CBGBs.

I'd say it would be more like a leap across a light-years wide chasm.

They were an electronica trance band similiar to Kraftwerk.

I doubt they had any influence on or impressed members of Television
or NYC's musical demimonde back then. See link below.  Leo

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:kifixqr5ldfe~T1