Re: Copyright? RE: (TV) so...who's gonna buy this?

I heard that the perfume company wanted to use MORE SONGS ABOUT BUILDINGS AND FOOD instead, but were concerned that David Byrne was more litigious than Verlaine.

--Phil

________________________________
From: Michael Olcsvary <olcsvary@verizon.net>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:28:05 PM
Subject: RE: Copyright? RE: (TV) so...who's gonna buy this?

From: Leo Casey

Would I be correct in assuming that the phrase 'Marquee Moon'  can not (is
not, was not)
copyrighted?

I don't remember much from my communications law class, but one thing I do
remember is you can't copyright a name.  So, you could write a book called,
say, "Superman," and as long as it wasn't about a being from another planet
with powers and abilities, etc., legally you'd be in the clear (though
Warner Brothers would likely make your life a living hell).  You can,
however, trademark a name.  I wonder if Verlaine's getting any royalties on
this?