RE: (TV) OT - MANNY'S

Johnny Ramone bought his first mosrite there, the blue one - supposedly he
settled on the mosrite because he'd asked the salesmen so many times about the
prices of the guitars he got confused and quoted a cheaper price than the
first time so he bought it. His reciept for that was up for sale on ebay when
he was still alive, I dont think it made the reserve price at the time.

> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: (TV) OT - MANNY'S
> Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:48:49 -0400
> From: blumetakt@aol.com
>
> my sister bought my very first drum set at Manny's in 1976. It was a Ludwig
> Educator Series with a natural wood-grain. I still own the snare drum and I
> still have the original receipt. Recently I bought a Digi003 rack for
> recording. I've come a long way. Anyway Manny's was a favorite spot for me.
> When my parents had braces put on me my orthodontist was in North Bergen NJ
> but I lived in Bergen County NJ. I had to take the bus from where I was
living
> to NYC and then another to North Bergen once a month. My sisters worked at
the
> Port Authority and my mom would give me strict instructions to go directly
> one of their offices and wait for the bus to NBNJ. Once I was in the
terminal
> I'd check in with one of my sisters who were both so cool (after all my
sister
> did purchase my 1st drum set at the coolest music store in the world). B
Then