To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Television and... Luke Haines

That's a very cool bit about Verlaine.

Tim, I very much enjoyed your book Sonic Transmission.

Any chance of a 2nd edition?

-A

Boat Burning
http://www.reverbnation.com/boatburning

Amps Do Furnish A Room
http://www.youtube.com/user/ampsdofurnisharoom
http://www.myspace.com/ampsdofurnisharoom

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Tim Mitchell<fireman9@btopenworld.com> wrote:
The publisher of my book on Television, 'Sonic Transmission', somehow
'mislaid' one of the chapters and as a result it was left out of the book.
If anyone would like to read it, I've put it up on my website at:

www.timmitchell.org.uk

(follow the 'Sonic Transmission' link).

Also, if anyone is interested in Luke Haines, I've written a novel about him which has just been published (it includes interview material, too). It's
called 'Truth and Lies in Murder Park' and there are more details on the
website, and a review here:

http://bit.ly/AiicX

When I was interviewing Haines I asked him about the time he supported
Television at David Bowie's Meltdown, and this is what he told me (short but
quite sweet, I think):

"Tom Verlaine came into our dressing room. They were trying to cobble
together some sort of art-rock Bowie trip and he knocked on our door and
came in our dressing room. He didn't even introduce himself, he just said:

'Bowie hit, two words.'

'"Rebel Rebel"?'

'Got it.'

And that was him out. Which is a perfect kind of Tom Verlaine thing. I liked
that."