(TV) New Matthew Sweet / Susanna Hoffs album includes "Marquee Moon"

Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs (of the Bangles) have a new installment of UNDER THE COVERS out ("Volume 2"). Both albums features (fairly straightforward) covers of 60s and 70s pop/rock songs; Richard Lloyd plays on the first volume.

The new volume, if purchased via Amazon as an MP3 download, includes ten "bonus" tracks -- one of which is a very faithful cover of "Marquee Moon". You can hear a clip here:http://www.amazon.com/Under-The-Covers-Vol-2/dp/B002FX0J2Y/ref=dm_ap_alb2

Both records are enjoyable, but again, pretty faithful to the originals. IMO, they work best when Hoffs plays a big part in the vocals, as Sweet tends to spend too much time aping the original vocalists -- but, for what it's worth, he still has a better singing voice than Verlaine!

(I bought the new album at Amazon, so I don't have musician credits, but for all I know Lloyd may play on this album too).

--Phil