From: grntg <grntg@yahoo.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:03:15 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Baloon / "Black Postcards" Revisited / Steve Albini

Just finished this book last night.  I enjoyed the book and it is something that reminds me of why I never want to play in a band again. I enjoyed recording with a band (ussually on some crappy four track in one of our parent's basement) but hated playing the odd live gig but playing night after noght on tour sounds like a descent into hell, be it the riding in cramped quarters with the same people day after day, dealing with the weirdos night after night that make their way backstage, crappy motels (or worse, crashing at strangers houses) and what do these guys do for money once they go into semi-retirment?

Overall, I found it to be a good depressing read and as Leo mentioned, aptly titled.

greg