Re: (TV) New Lloyd album out on Monday

> Has anyone picked this up yet?

sorry, i meant to respond to this when it came up awhile back.  i picked up a copy at the austin show (oddly, at the dallas show -- where there were about three paying customers -- i never saw a merch table).  i had low expectations -- not a big hendrix fan, and the idea of a hendrix covers album didn't seem so great.  i was pleasantly surprised.  it sounds great.  very well recorded -- in a raw loud guitar sort of style.  perhaps because i'm not married to any hendrix originals, i thought the covers came off well.  my fave on the disc is "bold as love."

a side note on this -- his merch guy was charles m. taylor, the old rock journo i read a lot in the 70s.  it was a bit of a treat for me to meet him.  supposedly taylor was touring with him to help work on lloyd's memoirs.  but i think taylor bolted with ficca and hartell towards the end of the tour, no?