Re: (TV) Television: The Movie

Tom told me that Dee Dee Ramone story in about 1979, soon after I met him.

Looks like the Ramones may get there first:

http://www.movieline.com/2009/10/5-ways-to-make-the-proposed-ramones-biopic-work.php

3. Showcase their early ineptitude. Clinton Heylins punk/new-wave chronicle From the Velvets to the Voidoids features a funny anecdote from Richard Hell, the legendary wild-man poet/songwriter who, with Tom Verlaine, once auditioned Dee Dee Ramone to play bass in their band the Neon Boys: Tom would say, Well play a C, and [Dee Dee] went from fret to fret, he would look up with these questioning eyes. Hed look up and wed shake our heads. Hed advanced to rudimentary songwriting by the time he met up with Johnny  a garage-band alum  and Joey, who gave up drumming because he couldnt sing and play at 180 beats per minute. Then Tommy Ramone went from manager to drummer because he kept having to show Joeys replacements how to play the songs anyway. If you cast non-musicians and capture the real feel (particularly the exhilaration) of getting tighter over months and years of rehearsal and live performance, you cant go wrong.