Re: (TV) The Weird World of Richard Lloyd

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
eRacerX <eracerx@verizon.net> wrote:
> (can't get to the archives right now....down?)

Not for me from work.  Email me off-list if you're still having problems.

> the same guy who made disparaging comments about young bands trying to 'make it' via
> (I paraphrase) "...facebook, myspace, my ass..." has recently joined facebook and LinkedIn, which was a bit of a surprise.

I knew he was on Facebook, he friended me quite a while ago.  Here's the
message: http://tv.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0808/msg00033.html

"Punk rock nowadays is a Ponzi scheme," scoffs Lloyd. "Half the country
under the age of 24 are in bands and they all think they've got a chance.
They all have MySpace, my-face, my-ass websites."

I never took this against having a web presence per se, but more of the
expectation from the youngsters that all they had to do was throw up a
myspace page and wait for the money to roll in.  Richard knows more than
just about anyone how hard a road it is to get some recognition, and even
then recognition != $$$.