RE: (TV) MM mini-LP CD reissue from Rhino

Philip,

Re:  > Has anyone bought this? It's just a repro of the original
> sleeve and 8 tracks.

I bought this when it came out 3 years ago.

The version of the song, 'Marquee Moon' does not fade-out early (9:58); instead it's the longer
non-fadeout 10:38 version.

I just listened to several tracks and I can not tell if it's the same remastering as the 2003
re-issue (by Collector's Choice).
It would seem likely that it is, however, what bothers me is that nowhere on the cd, its paper
sleeve, the cd-sized blue paper wrapper by Rhino, or orig. Rhino cellophane, is there any
mention that this is a remastered cd! Philip, is there an *easy* way to tell the remastered
version from the unremastered version (i.e., a way analogous to CC's 'correct mix' vs.CC's
wrong mix' from long ago), other than it sounds 'better'?

The cd itself reads, " Rhino R2 74804; Copywrite 2006 & 1977 Elektra/Asylum" .  No mention of
Collector's Choice's remaster or permission to use Collector's Choice remaster ...albeit CC
remaster probably owned by Elektra.

Separate but related:  on the Rhino web page:
http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/television-rhino-hi-five-television#whatsInside-digital  is
something called
"Television, Rhino HiFive [Digital]'. 5 hand-picked tracks for only $3.99 [mp3; 320 kbps], or
$5.99 [FLAC 'Lossless'] released 03/27/07.

But now here's the strange part:  for the 4 studio tracks [1. 'See No Evil'; 2. 'Friction'; 3.
'Aint That Nothin' ' ; and 4. 'Days'] Rhino makes a big deal of describing them as "Remastered
**LP** Version"

But the only remastered vinyl version was the 2003 LP by the company, 4 Men With Beards.  So,
just what exactly is Rhino saying?  That there's a difference between  the master tape(s), or
that Rhino converted the 4 Men With Beards analogue tracks to digital?

Leo

PS:  I 've been listening to all of my various copies of MM, but I can't for the life of me
detect the infamous Obbard-'static' at 0:17 right channel of 'Venus' nor
at 4:06-4:08 right channel of 'Friction' ......even with repeated use of good headphones and
careful listening. Any helpful hints to help me hear the static?

"He did what we all do.
He went about his dull routine
as if all the days in the world
were still to come".