RE: (TV) #9 in "Best Debuts" list

10 albums I have in my record collection that are good and happen to be the
debut ..... its a pretty irrelevant thing to make a list about

Its hard for a debut not to be a bands 'best' album because everything else
they do is compared to it - imagine the 3 television albums being released in
reverse order - would marquee moon lose some of its lustre when people harked
back to the glory days - "Its good, but I dont really hear a 'Call Mr Lee' on
it ..."

I guess the bands that take a while to reach their peak can be the ones with
the longer careers ?

> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:17:59 -0500
> From: jh@brainiac.com
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) #9 in "Best Debuts" list
>
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 07:35:29 -0500
> Maurice Rickard <maurice@me.com> wrote:
> > Unusual and wrong: Black Flag had a number of releases before
> > Damaged. They'd even had a number of lineups before then.
>
> This one jumped out at me, too. While Damaged was technically their
> first album, they had quite a few singles and an EP out well before
Damaged.