Re: (TV) Oh dear god no

Have to agree with Ty -- this *is* pretty darn cute!

-A

"...I wanna meet the band,"

"Why do I have to go with you?"

"Because I'm shy, I don't wanna go alone," Shy? Cherie Thomson? Shy? Yeah
right. She just wants someone to come with her to tell everyone else how
great she is. She could easily do this alone. We approached them and Cherie
let go of my wrist. "Hi! I'm Cherie, I really loved your set! and that's
Anna."

"Uh, hi," Cherie just sat down without being asked. I took a chair from
another table and sat at the edge. I wanted to leave.

After a while Cherie was talking to them. I wasn't paying attention until I
heard her say "Oh I can get you a record deal. I know everyone who's someone
in New York. It'll be easy." She doesn't know anyone famous, she's doing
this for attention or whatever.

Then someone in the band, probably the singer, said to her "You could get me
a record deal for my band? I'd really appreciate that."

Then I laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"You."

"How?"

" 'You could get me a record deal for my band? I'd really appreciate
that.' I've
never met so self-centered." Ok, Cherie is worse than that but he's not far
off.

"Are you insulting me?"

"Well, it's not really an insult if it's the truth,"

"I find that insulting,"

"You're too sensitive then,"

"Well aren't you the genius,"

"Thanks but I'm no genius,"

"You're one of those over modest people,"

"Yeah, you should try it,"

"Shut up, bitch." I stood up and was about to slap him but Cherie grabbed my
hand. "What are doing, Anna?" Just because she knew if I hit him she
wouldn't be able to hang out with them. "Anna? My god that's a boring name,"

"Like yours is any more interesting, what's your name then?"

"Tom, Tom Verlaine,"

"Well then Tom Verlaine, I will say goodnight and fuck you." I left, what an
asshole. On the way out I could hear Cherie say "Oh, I'm sorry about her,
she's having a hard time right now, she's unemployed and her parents have
just died, she's so lonely....." That's all I heard. I never want to see
them again...