(TV) Johnny mentions Tom

*http://www.newsweek.com/id/237038/page/1

/As of this month, Green Day has a new musical on Broadway, based on their album/*/ * /American Idiot./ **What do you think of that? *Somebody mentioned this to me the other day, and I fell off the chair laughing and almost shattered my elbow. It just struck me as, like, hilarious and wrong. I never thought of Green Day as a punk band. Just bubblegum, really. Tom Verlaine [of the band Television] once described punk and the Sex Pistols as bubblegum. The only difference is that I was discussed in Parliament under the Treason Act, which at that time carried the death penalty. That is not bubblegum./