Re: (TV) Bands you can't Google

I just finished copyediting a book whose author said that !!! is commonly pronounced "Chiks." I don't get the association, but then I don't understand much of what's going on these days in general. When I tried to fact-check Chiks, I got nothing within the first few pages on Google.

Does it bother anyone else that Wikipedia is now the top source for info on just about everything? Authors are starting to cite it in references!

Re: Cinderella, they were from the Philly area, where I went to college, and there was a huge rivalry going on between Tom Keifer and my boyfriend at the time. A local music store held a guitar contest that was judged by Pat Travers, and both Tom and Richard (?!!) entered. Richard blew Tom away (Travers said so), but Richard smashed his guitar at the end of his wanking, which upset everyone so that Keifer won. We had to duck out very quickly because the Cinderellas were looking for Richard so they could beat him up. Punk rock was so much fun...

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:03:01 -0400
From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Bands you can't Google

Television: second entry is the Wikipedia page for our friends.
Final Fantasy: 20 entries before you find the band and/or Owen Pallett.
Cinderella: First entry is their website
Health: 6th entry is their MySpace page
The Game: 3rd entry is his Wikipedia page
Love: 2nd entry goes to Wikipedia
The XX: All entries on my screen relate to the band.
Girls: First entry goes to their Myspace
!!!: Total failure. This isn't just a Google problem, though - how would a
    DJ announce their music on the air?
fun: 3rd entry points to Myspace
The Band: Lots of entries right at the top.