(TV) Richard Lloyd's "lost" first single c. 1978

I never knew his first solo single might have been "I Thought You Wanted to
Know", way back in 1978. I found this in a Q&A with Chris Stamey from 2009:
Was there a great plan that preceded the formation of the dBbs?
I had
recorded a solo record for my  label of Richard Lloyd singing a song of
his,
bI Thought You Wanted To  Know.b When Televisionbs A&R person, the
legendary Karin Berg,  kindly pointed out that he was signed to Elektra and
this
was thus  illegal to release, I redid the vocal myself (with Richardbs
blessing)
and made up the band the dBbsb partbcouldnbt afford to
waste all that  expensive
recording time. Will and Gene had moved to NYC to
play with  me, and we did a
quick b-Side, bIf And When.b We took the
dBbs as the  name of the beginning band
because of that single, played as a
trio for a  few months, then sent a
passenger pigeon to Memphis to reclaim
Peter  into the fold. No great plan went
into any of this, I think we were
just  happy to be part of the exciting
CBGB-based music explosion, where the
rules seemed to be shifting and anything
seemed possible.
http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2009/06/01/qa-with-peter-holsapple-chris-stamey/
--Phil