Re: (TV) Re: Television info

On 11/04/2011 22:27, postitnote wrote:
Since I'm newish here I wonder if maybe you people could fill me in on the
'official' status of the band.  They still are officially a band, but Richard
Lloyd quit at some point and was since replaced by Jimmy Rip, right?  And they
still play shows once in awhile, right?

Do they have any upcoming shows scheduled?  And when Richard Lloyd quit was it
announced officially in the music news?

Richard has officially left Television and announced the fact. If there is still a band then I guess Jimmy Ripp would be the obvious replacement. Recording has been done with and without Richard but who knows if an album will ever appear?

They haven't played a gig since June c2007 - Summerstage, Central Park, NYC, when Richard was very ill with Pneumonia and Ripp played.
And is there someone here who has a connection w/ news of the band, as to when
they perform and any updates on the band?  Or is it much more loose than
that?
I usually manage to get news, and certainly of Richard's activities but Dennis is your man on the spot, as it were ;) If anything happens with Television, you'll certainly hear it here first!