Re: (TV) Re: Question

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM, postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> I have a question that maybe someone here could answer for me...
>
> I was listening to this interview w/ Richard Lloyd and he says sthg about
> having to defend Billy Ficca for some 30odd yrs, but didn't go into it.  He
> was talking about the band Television.
>
> Does anyone here know what he's referring to there?

Most likely he's insinuating that Tom treated Billy poorly.

Both Richard and Tom have their own revisionist histories of the band.
 Richard sort of started to lay his out when he "quit" in 2007 or so... he
sort of made it seem like he'd never really quit the band at all, and he'd
propped Tom up for 30 solid years, which is basically a stretch at best.
 Tom for his part has tried to minimize Richard's contribution in at least
as many ways.  Neither of them have ever successfully rallied the rhythm
section to one side or the other; Billy and Fred are still "in" Television,
and they have also both served in Richard's band since he left Television,
including a stint of playing with him as a trio.

It's sad and shitty, really.  It would be cool if these guys were nice
people, and some people have had pleasant interactions with them, but by and
large it's hard to see them as really gracious or magnanimous people.