(TV) Re: Basquiat Docu

This is slightly related stuff.  A couple of weeks ago I was watching this PBS
docu on Jean-Michael Basquiat, the artist.  Overall, it was very interesting.
It was mainly about him but it also talked alot about the environment that he
lived and worked in...New York, during that particular time, when music and
the art scene where having this explosion of creativity.

They talked about how so many people where attracted to New York at that time
and how they could re-invent themselves there.  And how because everything was
so cheap at the time, they would be able to live there and pursue their art or
other interests.

It shows Tom in there for a second, from that scene from CBGS's (I think)
where they're panning around the room and he's sitting there, looking a bit
bashful.  And Debbie Harry is in the docu a bit as she was interested in his
art and evidently bought some of his work back at that time (a good
investment, I'd say).

Anyways, I thought it was good in that it gave you a flavor of that unique
time period in New York that had such a creative spurt in music and art and
colorful people in general all gathered together there.