Re: (TV) Re: Horses?

--- On Wed, 5/4/11, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:

From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: Horses?
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 6:16 AM

On Tue, 3 May 2011 20:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> patti was a big fan of burroughs.  she is featured in the documentary on
him
> that was released, i believe, last year (can't recall the name of it at
this
> moment, but very interesting viewing).

In Just Kids, Patti writes of the time she was living in the Hotel
Chelsea, and WSB would bring her and Robert Mapplethorpe food if he thought
they were hungry.  Patti's relationship with him was more than a fan,
it was a friendship, and he added to the already insanely brilliant
group of people that she lived and hung and worked with.

When I read the book, I was envious of the groups of people she got to
be with and work with and talk to, with more art and ideas flowing than
I can really grasp.  It was an organic gathering of people and I'd be hard
pressed to find a time and a place where so much talent grew and fed off
of each other.  Maybe the Algonquin round table.  Maybe.

/Does not want to see WSB's William Tell trick

  Yeah,  Patti was def around an amazing group of talented people, all people
that she made friends or lovers of.  But when I think of  them they all seemed
to be guys, like she preferred hanging out w/ guys.  I can't think of any
women that she hung around w/ but you people here know more about her from
reading books and all.  Did she has gal pals too?  I know she seemed to hate
Debbie Harry, at least.

I can see I have alot of books to read...