Re: (TV) Lloyd question

FWIW...

>From personal experience, if you've ever done serious time with a substance
abuser -- and by that I mean you somehow find yourself forced to work, live,
or be with someone like that for any long period of time -- you'll come to
notice two things:

1) the person is an abusive, irrational, unreliable, self-centered,
manipulative, untrustworthy, blame-deflecting, excuse-generating machine,
and

2) the person will turn, quite loudly and viciously, on anyone who dares
calls him or her on any aspect of 1).

The effect is dramatically amplified if the person also has a serious mental
illness schizophrenia.

I've no doubt that there are people -- in their 20s, even -- who are so
emotionally fit that can deal productively with such needy individuals, and
go on to enjoy rich and satisfying long-term relationships with them.

I don't at all believe that's the norm.

-A