(TV) Re: Tom on punk

What Tom had to say on punk...haha:

VERLAINE: You know,B I went to England in 1976 and there was all
this punk
crap in the papers and I was walking with this girl and I said, bWhat
is
this punk crap?b Because I only knew garage music. But she said it was
bPersonal Underground Nutty Knowledge.b I think itbs fair to say that
punk
didnbt exist. It was kind of amped up bubblegum music.Wait, you donbt
think that punk actually existed?VERLAINE: Nah, itbs not really a form of
music. Itbs just
louder bubblegum music with more angry lyrics.