Re: (TV) OT: Please explain to me the appeal of Jeff Mangum

No. Not at all. What started this was my own crankiness. I commented
on a Pitchfork review ga-ga about something Mangum was doing and all I
got was flack. I merely stated what I stated here, that I didn't get
it. And I received abuse from the cognoscenti who were lock step in
with the party line. Wankers! But the thing is - there is some
semblance of genius there - but Mangum would be better - either
without a band or with a different band. NMH just sounds like a
Salvation Army Band to me.