Re: (TV) Re: 'Hypno-eye'

On Tue, 17 May 2011 09:37:42 -0700 (PDT)
postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> In the booklet that comes w/ the MM CD, it talks of the swirly design on the
> back cover and says that the orig idea was sthg Tom remembered about a 60's
> toy called the 'Hypno-eye'.  I looked around the web to see this toy but
> couldn't find anything.  Has anyone on here been able to find a pic of this
> toy?

There was a robot with hypnotic eyes:
http://factoidz.com/ideals-robot-commando-collectible-1960s-toy/

And there's a pair of glasses with hypno-eyes, but I don't think it
existed in the 60s:
http://www.stupid.com/fun/HYPGG09.html

The one that immediately sprung to mind though was the Hypno-Coin, sold
by way of ads in comic books everywhere in the 60s:
http://www.saynotocrack.com/index.php/2007/04/17/the-strange-world-of-comic-book-ads/