From: eRacerX <eracerx@verizon.net>
Subject: (TV) Re: OT - Link Wray
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 9:10 AM

Hey, Deb

'Rumble' is the first song I ever heard from Link Wray, after reading
somewhere
that Wray poked holes in his amp speakers to get the sound he was looking for.
think I read that in an interview with Pete Townshend....maybe.
Anyway, soon after I saw a Link Wray 'Rumble' record (on Polydor,  for you
collectors) on a rack in my local 7-11, for a couple of dollars. I guess I was
about 13 or 14 (AKA a looong time ago).
Now I have many many of Wray's recordings.
Look him up.

re: OT - I think anything posted related to music, and especially guitar based
music is OT - meaning 'ON topic' and not 'off topic'

 - Herman

BTW - found it:
http://www.technodisco.net/link-wray/the-link-wray-rumble-2311262.html