Putdown / RE: (TV) Re: TV/the Grateful Dead of Punk

Re:  "I'd think the band would have preferred a reference to the Velvet Underground
instead...."

Obviously.
Don't take this the wrong way Deb, but I think your missing the the boat (i.e., context) of
'The Grateful Dead' of Punk' .
It was said by Television's detractors and was meant as an absolute putdown of the band ... in
reference to some songs' long guitar solos.

"He did what we all do.
He went about his dull routine
as if all the days in the world
were still to come".